Monday, August 27, 2012

We Made It To Galway!

My trip began yesterday afternoon when Kate, Annie, Erin and I arrived at the airport. Our first flight took us to Canada and I sat next to an Irish woman! She told Annie and I that Galway was a party city with lots of young people, yay! When we got to Canada we were starving so we had a meal and a few beers at the Bacardi Rum Bar since we were legal there.



Luckily we got to change our seats on the flight from Toronto to Dublin so we were all next to each other and Annie sat next to a girl from Toronto that studies at the University of Galway. She confirmed what the woman next to me on the previous flight said, that Galway is a lot of fun and you can meet young people everywhere, she even met her fiance at a pub!

The flight had awesome movies; I watched The Wizard of Oz, Footloose and The Lucky One. I tried to sleep a little but I was too excited! When we finally arrived in Dublin, it was about 9:40 am, 3:40 am our time. Erin and I got cell phones and we barely managed to catch the correct bus to Galway.



The bus ride looked like my drive last week to Mahnomen, but with sheep in the fields too!

Once we got to Galway, Kathy and Judy were waiting for us and we proceded to the Park Lodge Hotel, where we will be living the next four months. We chose our rooms (I got the single!), and unpacked. Then we had a fabulous meal of chicken, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and cake for dessert! 


 After dinner we went on a walk to see the ocean, it was a bit treacherous but really cool. Tomorrow we are going shopping in Galway and taking a tour of the city! This week we are taking a conversational Irish class, cooking class, and Irish dance class! I am so happy that I made it here safely with all my luggage and classmates and I'm excited for all the adventures to come this semester!
The Ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment